Old 11-04-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Still not catching a break on my foundation problems (OT)

So you've all heard about my woes with my foundation issues, and the accompanying lawsuit (for which I've spent over $32k in legal fees, and we only filed the darned lawsuit a few months ago). Not to mention engineering fees--paid the first engineering firm over 7 grand and after expending legal fees for my lawyer to finally extract an expert's report from them, they quit answering emails or phone calls.

So I hired another engineer to do followup work. Paid him a $1500 retainer. This was in August and I've been asking when we can expect the report.

Today I get a call from my lawyer telling me Engineer #2 is in the hospital with a heart attack and he has to withdraw from the case.

Of course, I'm sorry the guy had a heart attack, but now we have to come up with Engineer #3, to whom I will have to pay ANOTHER retainer. Of course I should get most/all of the retainer paid to #2 back eventually, but who knows how long that will take?

Ugh, I am just so SICK of dealing with this. Every time I turn around this house is hemorrhaging money.

Thank you for letting me whine. I feel better now.