View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hopeful22

I have already had a grant for free job training but it was not very good and has not helped me get a job. The charities here help with some things but do not have money to help with rent unfortunately. I can't find anywhere that will do that. One requires you be homeless for three months before they will help you. I substituted last year all year but did not get hired fulltime because I am not certified. I studied for certification but even sub-ing here is not full time and pays only $9 per hour. I was lucky to get two days per week and now the state wants me to pay $100 to get an updated background check which i don't have. If i had $100 I would pay rent with it. Also the school administrations seem to be very abusive towards substitutes. I have a little freelance writing that pays as much as substituting but its inconsistent like sub-ing is, but at least I am not treated abusively while writing. I am hoping this leads to a writing/content job. I worked as a designer/journalist for many years and there is a glut of out of work folks here in this area so many looking for work.
I wish i had money for community college classes but our basic needs are not even being met at this point and my car is in need of repair. Things are not good and its a daily struggle to try and stay hopeful and positive.
Most days i can stay strong with the help of friends. I appreciate the support here very much. Thank you for your kindness.