View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Kim, I think you have great strength to want to kick alcohol now. I know that at your age I could not (and did not) have made any effort, and I really applaud your commitment. You obviously realise this is only going one way. Kudos to you.

Inc, I am so very pleased about your job situation. I am sure you'll be killing it very soon and your stores will be great places to work even if your company is not. Keep on trucking! But before you start your new job your next job should be to quit the cigs. They're killing you man.

Been busting a gut this week but very successfully - some good new leads. Last night I am with a bunch of people I don't know very well, sitting around a table in a very nice pre-dinner bar - everyone orders like a Manhattan or whatever and I get a club soda. Why, I get asked? Because I just don't fancy having alcohol I say. Which actually is true, quite aside from the obvious reason I am not going to drink. Looks of confusion etc but the conversation quickly moved on and I notice there's another guy who is also not drinking. It makes me wonder whether he is in the same boat. Anyway, I am telling you this because this is precisely the sort of situation I would have fretted about when I stopped drinking but now it's like whatever, this is who I am. Part of me did want to be able to join in, but that was only to be part of the group, in the way that if everyone was eating peanuts I would too. Anyway, that's not an option so that's that. That's why I was thinking about NA beer, just to blend in. And actually in a group situation it is much easier than in the one on ones that I also have to do. One on one, when you don't drink you are holding a mirror to someone, and some don't like it. I wouldn't have, that's for sure.

2 more days doing this sh/t then I'm headed home. Can't wait! Things are looking good

None for me today. Why poison myself?

Best wishes
OMD