View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
fantail
now's the time

Congrats to the 4-monthers! And thanks letitgo for remembering. Class president!

Holds -- Oh, no I didn't get panic attacks. I just remembered having them during withdrawal. They were so strong I had to call an ambulance; I was seizing and actually thought I was dying. The bass reminded me how drinking lead there, and killed the craving.

Sounds like you're taking a good approach to this situation at work. A good instance for the serenity prayer Hopefully it doesn't end up affecting your job security though, sounds like it really wasn't your fault.

Toki - Glad you're feeling better. I had the same experience a couple of months ago... I got a cold and was amazed at how quickly I felt better! Water, yes.

TS & Upwards -- Oh wow, it's amazing to hear that you both understand the bass thing. I love bass for dancing, never had a problem with it before... but now it still holds a bit of that ominous feeling from the panic attacks. It's almost like being in a horror movie and the soundtrack changes so you know something bad is about to happen. Luckily now it's just a hint of it, it doesn't progress to full-on fear.

TS - Sorry to hear about your slip. But I'm impressed at how you keep moving forwards despite some wavering. For me it's either 100% sober or 100% relapsed. Good for you coming back. Sounds like this is part of your progress.

Upwards - It's great that you're feeling more comfortable socially!