View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

So I talked to my insurance people that I'll be stepping away. They supply me with leads every week that I buy. I had to "buy" leads for a few weeks before I got any, so I have a surplus to work through. About 130.

I got a job offer for a discount retail chain. I'll be starting as an hourly asst mgr then get a store in Feb to replace a retiring managed. It's a huge step down from what I had, but it's a job. And it's A LOT more than what I'm making now, so that's cool. Then again, delivering pizza would be A LOT MORE than what in making now.

I'm excited. Even though this retailer is known to driving their managers into the ground. Even though they are listed on the worst 10 companies to work for (that's company, not retailer). It's going to be a pay check I can rely on.

There's two angles I'm looking forward to. One that I may become a District Manager for them. There's no doubt I'm going to rock their world. I am just that good at what I do. The other, and worst case scenario, is that I'll have recruiters hunting me down (I assume) or I'll have a platform which I can spring off down the road.

Either way...it's a relief. I have a job. Well...not exactly yet. Few steps to go. But I was recruited by one of the District Manager's I know. He's setting me up with an interview with a Store Manager. I'll have to polish my store for leaving my past job. Somehow soften the fact that I lied on multiple occasions to look better on reporting because I got lazy. They're desperate and looking at the managers they have now, I'll be in the top 1%.