View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
amp123

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
Out of curiosity, I just looked back on my calendar and counted to 196 days sober! I will celebrate 200 days on Saturday. It was interesting to look back at the all the events, appointments, road trips, meetings, etc. that I was able to do sober! My exhaustion was still prevalent until just last month (5mth mark?), I forced myself to exercise and that helped alot! To this day, I wake up grateful everyday that I am hangover free. But, to tell you the truth, some days I feel hungover. It's weird. I guess I am feeling some of the symptoms of a hangover (tired, headache, foggy) but these are just the result of not eating right, not getting enough sleep, etc. I`m glad these sober hangovers have an easy fix. I mean, so does an alcohol induced hangover, but we know how hard it is to realize the fix is just to not drink!

Have a good everyone! Just checking in*....
I really am on a new path, and at every curve and hill I climb, I am discovering something new.
I'm at the same place as you Cauliflower. 200 days around the corner. I have a free app for my phone called Clean Time Counter. I'd probably have missed it otherwise.

I have felt a little overwhelmed by all the wisdom on this thread. People here know so much more than me which keeps me quiet a lot of the time. Quite different from when I started out and I still knew it all!! Hahaha! Fact that I'm quiet doesn't mean I'm not reading and learning!

I've noticed at 200 days that professionally I have turned into a work MACHINE! I'm enthusiastic, innovative, I take pride in what I do and strive to improve wherever I can. No job is too big or small. I've never felt like this about work before and it is refreshing and exciting. Maybe I'm lucky because I am my own boss so it's easier to get immersed in something that is your own project but I think it has more to do with a dense alcoholic fog lifting. I have been a (barely) functioning alcoholic for years running a (barely) functioning business. All different now. Rebranding, thinking big, doing new stuff, winning back old clients! Should have done this years ago and, of course, a lot of this I owe to SR!

Right! Off to the office then! Take care!