View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
looking4awagon

Hey you guys, 17 days sober, looking forward to getting that first month behind me, that will feel good. It's good to know the body is healing. Was just thinking back to Halloween night, people asked me why I was taking a break from alcohol, didn't have the heart to tell them I'm an alcoholic. I just tell people I'm taking a break, trying to get my blood pressure down or something.

My wife and I are getting together with the new neighbors across the street Friday night for dinner, I'm pretty shy, usually need a couple beers to help break the ice, I won't have that option this time around. Thankfully they are Mormons, so mostly likely won't be drinking them selves.

I feel great, just keeping myself and my mind busy, not watching much tv or partaking in much social media lately, just focusing on my sobriety and my well being. I've been trying out a couple mediation apps which I really enjoy, tried Headspace for the free 10 day trial, now using Calm, highly recommend both. I also downloaded a sobriety counter app for my phone, that way I don't have to try and remember how many days sober, also another tool to keep me motivated, it's called sober time, blue background with clock in a triangle, highly recommended, even has clever motivational sangs.

Keep up the good work guys, you keep me going! I need you guys. I surprised on how easy this is getting, zero cravings as of late.