Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Well, when I first quit I just was DONE. I kept it in the front of my mind how awful alcohol had become for me. I did go to AA meetings for a while, they were good in that they got me up, showered and dressed and out of the house every day by 9AM- none of those things had happened in a very long time. I was able to see how distorted my thinking had become by listening to the stories of people in longer-term recovery. That was huge. I thought in my little feeble alcohol-soaked brain that I was fine, I just needed to remove alcohol. In fact, I had trouble putting two thoughts together in AA meetings. It was good for me. I don't go to meetings any more, but I did get a lot out of it. I also spent a lot of time on these forums. I joined my Class of March thread and posted in there every day. I read everything I could. Most importantly, I took alcohol off the table forever...it's just not an option any more, no matter what happens in my life. I don't want to go back to that misery and fear.
Thank you, I too need to take alcohol completely off the table. Maybe going to AA for extra support in the beginning is a good idea. I just dont love the meetings. Maybe I will try different ones.