Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Can you believe this wonderful Indian Summer, GC? What a treat.
I'm really enjoying it also. I find myself constantly over dressing and wearing clothes that would be more appropriate for more seasonable temperatures.

It's very nice that your nephew ran the NYC marathon and thanked for your tips; I am sure that he looks up to you; sounds as though you have a nice relationship.
Yeah, it was nice to have him not only approach me for training tips, but to take the initiative to thank me afterward. He's a good kid. His "problem" now is that if he ever decides to run another marathon, which he's on the fence about, virtually nothing will compare with NY. The pre race logistics are a bear, but once the starting gun goes off there's nothing like it IMHO and it's by far and away my favorite. Hopefully one day I'll be able to do it again.

I should also add, not that it makes a difference, but to set the record straight he's my first cousin once removed, not my nephew.

I'm sure that it felt to receive positive comments on your photographs. How is your photography club going?
It did, but ironically I was hoping for some constructive criticism so I could get some insight into what some of the very talented folks on the site would have done differently.

Good memory about the photography club. When I initially wrote about it here there was a small flurry of email activity explaining the how the club works, but nothing since. If there is an assignment for the next meeting that has not yet been scheduled I'm not aware, but since we're on the topic I'm going to reach out to the two people I know to see what's going on.