View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Sw: I have been working on a plan. The "plan" always seemed ambiguous to me and I didn't know where to start. But yesterday, in desperation, I told myself there are no "rules" it's just a plan for staying sober - what I commit to, why I'm doing it, and what to do when times get tough. I will share later this evening when I have more time.
Resolute - thank you also, I love the idea that one day - like you - I will say- it took me xxx long to finally get it. Because that suggests I WILL finally get it,'something I've been doubting for a while. I know I can have day one or a full week - but can I make it stick... These drinking episodes are just a plain waste of my time.

Snoozy, you have such a dear, sweet way with words. Glad you are here as well. It can be such a struggle, but we both know the longer we are a way from it, the easier and better it gets.

I has a typical deep, sound, dream filled day one nights sleep. I'm one of the lucky ones where sobriety makes me sleep like a baby and drinking totally robs me of the precious quality sleep I need. Just another Benefit for me, and probably one of my favorites. Busy week ahead at work, which is all the better to get me through this first week.
I feel good, but I know that can change in a heartbeat. So glad to see all of your names and to be able to share with my July friends