View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blue pansy

Thumbs up It's been a long time

I haven't been on here for almost 2 years.

My daughter has been clean for over 7 (?) years!

She's happily married and has two lovely boys and after all the losers she went out with while using, finally found a great guy.
They work out their problems together, they don't have a lot of money, but make the best of what they do have. They love and take good care of their boys, the oldest is 6 the little one is 3.
She works part time for a national chain drug store where she was asked to work in the pharmacy department, she said NO, even after all this time she didn't want to tempt fate.

She does suffer from depression was put on a med that she wanted off of as it really wasn't helping. It was hard to withdraw from, but she kept at it and with the help of a new doctor has started another med that is helping her deal with the depression. Throught all this she never thought about heading back to a life with drugs and believe me, she was a real mess for a while last spring.

Why am I writing this? Mainly to let you know that there is life after drugs! For all those who think that their addict will never ever get better, it helps to know that there are some people who can get it together and choose recovery. It's not easy both on the addict or their family, but if you refuse to enable and they want it enough, there is a promised land.

It's called recovery!

Hang in there, help one another and have faith.

blue