Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

SL, yes they played like a completely different team, but KC is very formidable and they're still ahead in the series. I really liked the way Syndergaard came out aggressively and knocked down the first batter, Escobar. Nothing dirty and clearly there was no intent to hit him, but a 97 mph fastball coming at your head will get anyone's attention. I grew up and played at a time when it was part of the pitcher's job to make sure the batter was not comfortable in the box. On a purely sentimental note, it was nice to see Wright have such a good game. He's a fine representative as the face of the team, there's never been anything in the tabloids about him doing something stupid away from the ballpark, and although his back injuries have derailed what was the arc of a Hall of Fame career, he's the captain and I think the other players on the roster get inspiration when they see how much he has to go through just to make it to batting practice, let alone play in the game.

I'll be multi tasking tonight; the game will be on my tv and I'll be watching with interruptions as my wife and I give candy to the trick or treaters. Even though our kids are older, we enjoy the holiday and spent hours today decorating the house. Usually we do the decorating the weekend before, but we were away in your fine state.

Tonight

I have no idea how many kids we're going to be handing candy to. I have 130 pieces which hopefully will do the trick. My wife is dressing up as a lady bug; I may not dress up at all because when I do I tend to be too scary for the real young ones. In addition to the static spider webs and lawn decorations we have all sorts of motion sensitive skeletons and witches, strobe lights, and a fog machine so adding a scary costume to the mix is sometimes overboard. I also want to be mindful of our puppy who is not exactly digging all the changes.

Happy Halloween SR!