View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
ActualAlcoholic

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I'm not a meeting guy now for my own reasons.

When I first started going, I wanted to do 90 in 90. And I did + more.
We had a snow storm and I walked a mile in a foot of snow and slush to a meeting.
I really felt that making an excuse at the time was out of the question for me. What else did I have to do anyway? I walked to several meetings because of nasty weather. I put on the slosh boots, heavy coat and rain gear and made it. You would think nobody else would show up, but surprisingly people made an extra effort just in case others couldn't make it, and the room was full. In my early days I was as fully committed as I am now. As a newcomer I chaired meetings because of people unable to make it. So if you feel the need to go, nothing should hold you back. I had a thousand excuses to drink. When I wanted to stop, I had no excuses.

Congrats on almost a week AA, keep it going.
I've never don't more than 2 in a week before p. It would be nice to get to a place like you're st. Right now, the idea of being with other people who understand me on top of checking in with you guys is motivation that is really helpful. I don't even really know how the steps work but just hearing people share and reaffirming that not drinking is the choice that I need to make to survive is getting me through this. I need that momentum with where I'm at right now, so thanks for keeping this thread alive you guys.