View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
fantail
now's the time

Venus!! Congratulations!!

Wow, that is so huge. Let's see that quilt! That's such a perfect choice for a sobriety gift to yourself... something to keep you warm and safe.

1stepup, we're sober buddies again! I'm about two weeks behind you. 107 days today.

Serene, so excited for you and your trip. I haven't yet learned how to scuba dive, and I have to admit I'm a little afraid of it, but it's on my bucket list. I think it'll be especially amazing for me because I'm afraid of it. Maybe that'll be my sobriety anniversary gift one of these years! China is fascinating. It's so amazing to be in another large, world superpower country. And their culture is so completely different than the US.

I'm doing very well. I haven't been meditating but I've been very busy in a good way. I just built my first full website... it's Wordpress, but very customized, and I'm proud of it. I presented it to our non-profit's board last night, and impressed some very well connected VIPs. My food coop job has been taking the rest of my time, because although I'm part-time, training was full-time. But now it'll be 3 days coop, 2 days non-profit, so I'll have a reasonable schedule again.

I have to "tell my story" at AA tomorrow night, at a small women's meeting. And then again in November at a "commitment" at an inpatient place for teenagers with eating disorders (not sure why exactly they get AA, maybe there's overlap? doing it as a favor for a friend). I've never done AA before, so I didn't realize there was this thing where people pressure you to tell your story after 90 days. I mean, it's friendly pressure. But I want to keep doing the program and I'm willing to entertain the idea that it'll be good for me somehow, so, ok. But it's nerve-wracking. I don't even know how to summarize it all. As in, which narrative thread do you choose? How do you trace it back? There are so many stories inside the big story.