View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
WMJ1012

Something else I'll add is SLEEP APNEA. I've had it for years and it's really affected my recovery. I tried the machine twice but never really really gave it all I could. Instead I try to sleep on my stomach which isn't very comfortable and sleeping on my side is to an option any longer either because I just developed fibromyalgia. I just called my doc today and asked for a machine again. (Insurance takes it back if you're not using it every night).

I've dealt with a lot of judgment about what I'm "not doing" in my life when exhaustion has really been a huge part of the problem. It keeps me isolated which then results in fear.
Sleep problems are usually multifactorial. I also have to not eat or drink for two hours before bed and have a dark quiet room (I have PTSD).

With good rest though I'm like an entirely different person. I could do just about anything. I've just never been able to put together enough nights of sleep over the years to make progress. So we'll see what happens with the machine this time.