View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
ActualAlcoholic

Originally Posted by jackrussell View Post
Actual: you've certainly got some pretty good insight on what's going on with your affair with booze. I guess that we can tell ourselves what we want to hear when it comes to the idea of having just one drink. Or just a few drinks tonight. I've reeled myself in that way so many times; and continue to do so, actually. Once you've crossed the threshold into that alluring cozy room, you fall. There is no cozy room, of course.
Looks to me like you are getting back onto a healthy path. Or at least thinking of planning to consider trying to attempt to take steps to formulate a strategy to try to rediscover a thread that might lead to a way to get back onto a healthy path. Which is a good start.
Good man.
Yep. And I think what I've learned this time around is that a relapse doesn't mean you've totally failed, or that you can use it as an excuse to continue using. It was my first time ever getting sober after realizing I had a problem, so after getting off the wagon and a few months of drinking where I realized my "experiment" had failed, I kind of threw in the towel. Now I know for next time, you just gotta get back up and try it again.