View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Croissant

Wendy, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's the very thing I fear too, that I've passed on some time bomb that ticks away.

I'd be worried too if I were you....and how hard for us not to come across as the hypocrite. Uggh. Unfortunately there is only so much we can say and do and the rest - as you well know, is up to the person concerned to figure out.

I know my first child has had problems with addiction, and I know he thinks it's ok to smoke drugs occasionally (it was more often once), but with addiction on both sides of the family, I get frustrated he can't see he's playing with fire.

I also know I worry my middle child binge drinks from time to time (she used to be anti-drinking)....and what that could lead to.

And then, I fear for my youngest. Who does not drink at all, does not see the point. Perhaps I worry for her the most, because that was me, lulled Into a false sense of security that I hated drinking so much, I started to drop my fears and believe I wouldn't be the one to get hooked.

I understand that fear, that this thing could hurt our children too. Big hugs for today, it sounds like it was a rough night, my friend.xx