View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Just checking in, I've had a crazy busy week and then woke up yesterday morning with an awful cold/flu - whatever it is. I couldn't call out of work so I had a miserable day. Feeling a little better today but not 100% I was planning on starting an exercise and diet plan commitment yesterday but it's just gonna have to wait until I feel better

I often notice that I get sick (though usually not this bad) when I stop drinking. Wonder if there's an explanation for that ?

Glad to see many of you are plugging along. Things are finally settling down for me now that birthdays are over etc, so I'm looking forward to having some time to focus on me and working on myself

Happy sober Saturday. I'm never too confident, even when sick, I can find a way to rationalize drinking.
My theory is we're really battered about as drinkers but the hit of alcohol we get often makes us oblivious to just how beat up we are (that stopped working for me though...).

When we stop drinking that artificial boost is removed and everything hits is full force.

Hope you feel better soon

Originally Posted by TurningLeaf View Post
Thanks, Dee. Absolutely right on. It may take some traveling and I believe my Alcoholic Voice was just waiting for a time to pounce.

I talked to a friend who said the meeting moderator should have kept things under control, but he was actually fueling the fire. You see, they are all part of the "Sally" group - they live, or have lived at Salvation Army (quasi-military christian organization in the States, as you probably already know). I I think this is a good organization, but the crew currently living there is pretty rough. And...since this Sally guy heads the Friday meetings, then I will know to find another meeting on Fridays! Problem solved! In fact, the friend I told about this dilemma has invited me to some women's meetings with her.

So good DID come out of it!!!

I'm really glad other options are opening up TL - and yeah we have the 'Salvos' here too

D