View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
TurningLeaf

Find a Meeting

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Well, I think sobriety is great TL - but that doesn't mean everyone I meet will be a saint, or that I'll like everyone I meet, or that some of us won't have have some other mental health issues to contend with.

I'm not an AA guy, but I'm sorry if you feel unsafe in this meeting, but I understand totally - I think everyone would.

If you still feel this way after you've reflected on it, I wish you well in finding a meeting that makes you feel safer, even if you have to travel a little for it

D
Thanks, Dee. Absolutely right on. It may take some traveling and I believe my Alcoholic Voice was just waiting for a time to pounce.

I talked to a friend who said the meeting moderator should have kept things under control, but he was actually fueling the fire. You see, they are all part of the "Sally" group - they live, or have lived at Salvation Army (quasi-military christian organization in the States, as you probably already know). I I think this is a good organization, but the crew currently living there is pretty rough. And...since this Sally guy heads the Friday meetings, then I will know to find another meeting on Fridays! Problem solved! In fact, the friend I told about this dilemma has invited me to some women's meetings with her.

So good DID come out of it!!!