View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Jleezy2004

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post
And I read it fine too. This is now a life or death struggle for you. A hard road upwards and you can do this because others have and you can too. They are right here on this website and are ready to help in any way they can. Also my experience (forty years of episodic drinking and 27 of sobriety) has been that the more friends you have who are into recovery with some success, friends like in AA and elsewhere, the better your chances are. It's like climbing a mountain. You need to get roped on to some others. It's always possible to do it by oneself but its risky, very risky when it's a matter of life and death. All that drinking has changed your body and it's going to take a while to change back. And the more primitive part of your brain is going to suggest all sorts of excuses to get you drinking again. If you fall for that you may never make it back. Get all the help possible, medical, counseling, friends and SoberRecovery. It's like someone I'll always remember said once to me in a rehab, "Let's do this--together!" And we did. Good luck and every good wish.

W.
Thank you guys for the support..... I realize it is very hard because I have attempted to stay sober and failed miserably everytime...