View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Midton

I'm up at 3:30 but slept well and feel refreshed. I did have a drinking dream, one where I could actually taste and smell the tannins of the wine. I raised the glass to my mouth then pushed it away as I didn't want to go back to day one. It is so much easier for me to continue with sobriety than to start being sober. Some people manage to go on the wagon right after drinking, it takes me a few months.

Weight loss. I've always exercised hard and eaten pretty well but year by year the pounds have slowly accumulated. I still buy 32 inch waist trousers same as in high school but my body composition has changed and I have more fat.

In the summer I spent 3 weeks in my home country binging on both drink and food. I bought some relatively expensive trousers while I was there too. On coming back and getting into my exercise regime I discovered I couldn't even remotely get into my new trousers. I weighed myself and found I was 84.4kg, the highest I have ever been. I immediately cut out all processed food, bread, pasta, my beloved pizza and restricted my fruit intake. It was a couple of weeks of this that let me to trying to get sober again.

Now almost 7 weeks later (tomorrow, Saturday, will be day 49) I have certainly lost a lot of fat and am wearing trousers from years ago. My body composition is beginning to resemble a younger man. I haven't weighed myself but that's not really important. I look and feel trim. I like Zara extra-slim t-shirts and usually buy an L size. When I was 2 weeks into my sobriety I bought 2 M size t-shirts , tomorrow I will wear one of them for the first time.

My fat loss was fast in the initial 2 weeks then stalled a little. Now it seems to be moving along slowly but surely. As a vain person, sadly and with little reason, the aesthetic improvements of sobriety are a great motivator. Be patient as it is baby steps though.