View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Needachangenow

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Hi Needachange
I'm always hoping for weight loss after quitting too. Usually I do lose some water weight, and definitely start feeling better, but that levels off. I've started a ketogenic diet and have lost 3 lbs in 10 days....of course I'm sure most of that is water but I'll take it. Its very easy to stick too (I don't eat refined/processed food anyway) and I don't have to watch calories very closely, although they of course count. For me food is really about 80% of the equation with respect to controlling my weight. Exercise, while very important and a daily thing for me, is more about muscle tone, my heart and peace of mind. It really doesn't change the scale much. I only have 8-10 lbs to lose so suspect the weight will drop off very slowly. But I'm in now hurry. I also think it took my metabolism about 30 days to start functioning better. Just takes time and patience.
Thank you Frickaflip! I also really only have about 8-10 to lose, so it's not a dire situation. I usually don't let myself get to the point I am now, so that freaks me out just a bit! I teach acting and I am an actor, so it is important for me to keep in shape, as a job requirement of sorts as well. But I know that I should just let it go and know that once I get into the non-drinking habit, I can work on losing the weight. My big indulgence is frozen yogurt, not exactly going crazy lol! I just have to be patient, and happy that here at day 5 I have been sober for longer than I have in a long long time.