View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Midton

On a more serious note than my recent posts, I'm going out this Saturday night. It was supposed to be last week but I cancelled for totally non-alcohol reasons. Last night in my last hour of work I had mentally decided I would drink, after a bit of a mental tug-of-war.

My final client on a Wednesday owns a small company and is single at 48. Every week we end up talking about his previous weeks escapades. He makes it all sound so tempting. I didn't have any cravings when I came home but felt a comfort in the fact that I would get my release on Saturday.

Now, Thursday, I have no intention of drinking. I think I will start off with a coffee, probably feel tempted, allow the feeling to pass and hopefully settle into the night. The people I'm drinking with are not big drinkers, more connoisseurs, who will slowly sup more expressive wine. They certainly won't egg me on to drink.

In fact I think I'll drive. It has never occurred to me that I could drive to a bar as it's something I've never done before. I know that with a car I most definitely will not drink. Again something I've never done and never will do.