Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
I ran into a person who lives in town a little while ago; not a neighbor, not a friend, and not even an acquaintance, just someone that has a son my son's age and during the past 15 or so years that he and his family have been here I've had occasion to see. Like today. And he's always been somewhat dismissive of me and a bit aggressive about how incredulous he is that I run a successful business, something that I do not take lightly and have let him know. Today's conversation really ventured into the realm of weird.

He was unusually friendly, which was fine by me and then he asked to borrow money. Not $5 type money, but an amount with a lot of digits. Think six on the left side of the decimal. Well that was an easy decision. I gave thought to ripping him a new one because it's just a ridiculous amount to ask for and also because of all the things he's said to me, but I took a few deep breaths and decided to take the high road, with just a small dig. "Sorry I'm not in a position to help you (which is the truth). I guess you were right about me not being talented about what I do."

After we parted I was fuming and the thought of a martini or three crossed my mind, but I played it through, beat the crap out of my AV, and decided that coming here to write about what I can only describe as lunacy was the better option. So I did. Thanks SR!
Heavens, what an odd experience, GC.

There must be something going on with your neighbor - more than meets the eye.