Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
I went for a short run this morning as well as a short walk with my puppy. Another walk will be happening in about 30 minutes.

Lots of family travel plans coming up starting this Friday with a weekend away visiting my son at college. Yesterday I bought his plane ticket to Europe where he will be spending his spring semester studying (hopefully) and traveling. I also bought a ticket for my daughter to visit my mother in Florida in the middle of December. She will also be going with me and my wife for another visit in February and in the beginning of April the three of us are flying over the pond to visit my son. I have not booked airline reservations for the latter two trips, but hope to do so this week. My credit card bill next month is going to be large, but that's okay because I found a dime at the gym yesterday. I really did find a dime, can anything be bought with ten cents anymore, but while I may faint when I get my next credit card statement the flights are all for good reasons and if my son has close to the experience abroad that my daughter did it will be life altering and I'm happy to give him that opportunity.

Making this more of a SR themed post, not spending money on alcohol certainly frees up funds to be spent in more useful ways.
Great times ahead!!! A semester abroad will be an unforgettable experience for your son. He will enjoy showing you around when you visit.