View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sydneyman

Hey Joeconrad. You come to a good place. I am not an AA person myself and I get the support here on SR. I also got sick and tired if being sick and tired and not able to do anything without my best friend, the bottle.. It controlled everything I did. All appointments I made had to be in the morning as I would be wasted after lunch time.. I was a fucntioning alcoholic, never drank at work but when I got jone and weekends a totally different story.. Weekends were constantly a total write off. I drank before sunrise and well into the evening with a couple of "naps" in between. I gave my partner a horrible life but he has stuck by me.. Enough was enough, been sober 15 days today and feel like a new person. Early days of course but it is such a good feeling to wake up without a hangover and function like any non alcoholic person.. Weekends were the hardest as I had all that time on my hands. I survived by beeing busy, getting out of the house.. I quite enjoy my sober self.. If you really really want to do this you can. Replace that drinking behaviour with something else. For me its been replacing it with walking and looking after my diet. Good luck!!!