View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Cissy

Hi, everybody! Thanks again for all the congrats. I felt strong and it was great. Glad it's over, none the less. Jen, you got this smoking thing. Even if you mess up and have one or two on a day you meant to have zero, you're still making lots of good progress. You can never succeed if you don't try.

I used to be a cig smoker too. I smoked all through my teen years, gave it up around 21, then picked it back up in my early 30's after beginning to work as a nurse. I would get led out to the smoking area with other new nurses on our breaks and I'd end up bumming one cause the shift was hair-raising. It escalated to me smoking all the time. Finally kicked it for good in 2001. It was HARD. Used patches and then the nicotine gum.

I think a pack of cigs goes for around $8 here in the States now. Could be more for some brands. I think it's absolutely ridiculous what they charge. It's 90% taxation. Just glad I don't smoke anymore. It's so worth the effort and the struggle to kick it to the curb. Do it, Jen! And Shabby, you might as well do it too. You're heart's not in it. Sorry your significant other is so into it though.

Venecia, your stats say you're in the Midwest but you sure sound like someone from across the pond. Where the heck are you? Am I the only one over here in the States?

I love the Stone's music too. Not a groupie by any means but it's classic stuff that will never die.

So, day #8 is in the bag now. Let the good times roll.