View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
KeyofC

I hate company get togethers too, but feel obligated to go. Nobody fromour branch went last year and it was passed on form the president he didn't think that reflected well on us as a group. To me it says volumes about how your supervising your people that they don't want to go, but hey, maybe I'm wrong. I am a supervisor and I manage completely different and I understand why nobody wanted to go..anyway, I am going.
Snooz, I agree with your peeps here..think it through. Being married is like recovery. It is something you have to work on every day. Some days are easier than other and it's not as easy as people think. Love isn't always enough and theres a lot of giving and taking and making compromises. If you Love that person is how you figure out how much work you want to put into it. I have been married for almost 20 years and I know that beyond a doubt I love my husband. We just never ever give up. We always go back for the other one if they've given up..we never leave the other one behind. Choose your words carefully. He is a man. "Sometimes you have to make things his idea", "Plant the seed and let it grow" was the best two pieces of advice I have ever gotten. Be straight and to the point and use the words "I". This way you are talking about how you feel and not pointing blame at him or seeming to take his inventory. I hope this makes sense and I'm sure it's all stuff you know, but it doesn't hurt sometimes to hear it again...(Hug) coming all form a warm place in my heart...