Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Have a fantastic weekend, GC.

I suspect that there will be more Mile 18s in your future.
You have a great weekend also.

Regarding another marathon, I hope so, but I'm not going to make a decision about that for months. I'm at peace with missing tomorrow's race and I'm not going to extrapolate what's gone on during this training cycle to what may occur in the future. It happened, but it doesn't mean it has to be this way going forward. Time will tell. I have another CT scan of my lungs in about a month and hopefully the news is positive, obviously, but I know I can look at myself in the mirror with the knowledge that I'm doing all that I can to stay healthy and given what my pulmonologist sees on the scans she's amazed that I'm able to be as active as I am means to me that I have a solid fitness foundation that I can draw upon. Translation = hope for the future.

The anger I was feeling is gone; I've accepted that I won't be enjoying a long weekend away with my family nor at the starting line tomorrow. Ditto about running mile 18 with you.

Thanks for your continuing support and perspective.

This Weekend

Nothing more about plans for what may or may not be going on, but I have to give a big shout out to my wife for helping me keep my head on straight as the somewhat inevitable decision to not run became more of a reality. To not acknowledge her support and calming influence would be doing her a great disservice. So, to my best friend, thanks for keeping me sane.