View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Cynderino

Hi guys - I didn't realize how long it has been since I checked in here. I am sorry, friends. Thank you for the pats on the back. I have had a tough couple of weeks. My grandma died last Saturday. I know she is breathing easy and at peace now but my heart is broken and I miss her so much.

My two year talk was a week later and it went okay. I was very nervous and having just lost my gran, felt very emotional. I made it through and am relieved it is over. Tomorrow is the day we had planned to move my grandma into my house and it will be really hard for me. I feel like I got robbed of that intimate time with her. My daughter's first tearful words were "but we were supposed to have the holidays together" - we were all very close to her.

I know that if I had not been sober over the last two years that I would not have been able to be of service to my grandma and I certainly wouldn't have appreciated the moments as I was in them. I have no regrets in that regard. I made the most of our time...just want more of it.

WD - thank you and hugs to you, friend. I do remember the couple from your posts. They are together again...glad to hear it was peaceful. You and the wife are good people!

DD - thank you! and I always love your posts. You remain so honest and forthcoming. I completely agree with you on the 'new friends and people that drink' post you made above. I still find myself skirting the issue when it comes up in conversation. I like to think it is because it is much easier to address it when I'm specifically asked but really, sometimes I am still worried about what they will think of me. Sigh.

LS - congrats on your 2 years and your marathon! Getting healthy and fit has been my outlet for stress, negative energy, anxiety, etc. since getting sober. I am always amazed at what I can accomplish now. I know that I can set a goal and achieve it if I just put forth the effort. I think I always gave up as a drinker because I couldn't keep that commitment so why keep any of them?? You rock - a marathon is no small accomplishment! Many high fives to you!

Thanks, Dee! Hope all is well with you too!

XOXO