View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
KeyofC

You can't get rid of me...Lol I'm like a boomerang! I just keep coming back...hey AA says that too! I love this group, the one year and under group and the Julyers group..2015 and 2013..all are my peeps for sure!
The 2013 group are so kind, caring, and supportive of each other..it's just refreshing. Snooz and Wolfy have adopted me, thank goodness!
The 2015 Julyer group are amazing and my quit date is July 20, so I relate to them so easily.
The one year and under just helps me have a different perspective since they have members with more experience than myself with sobriety and recovery...Toots and Glee give me such good insight and advice. (As does everyone else on that thread).
This group being my home group is when I signed up and started working on my recovery. So you're also a very important piece of the puzzle for me and I could never leave you!
Clownbaby~You're an artist? You said you were painting...maybe you could share with us one day...I know that's a personal thing to people sometimes sharing your work. I'd like to see...I'm artsy too. I was a singer, performer, entertainer for almost 20 years. I draw, sketch, and paint as well. I dabble with it. Just for my own enjoyment. Was just curious..thanks for sharing that. Fight for staying well since your household has been ill!
Patricia, it would be cool if we could walk to the coffee shop and fellowship like we do here! I agree!
Bekindalways, welcome to our group! You are not interfering with our vibe...jump in! You are welcome here! We do one day at a time and one minute at a time some days too! We're here for support anytime you need us!
Retread, I was wondering about you! We have missed you! Congrats on 57 days! Glad to see you're staying busy. Busy is good and safe travels! Keep in touch with us please!
Lovehoops, 51 days is awesome! You're doing great and glad to see you're staying busy too!

Me, I'm at day 88..I am doing most amazing. I have to pinch myself these days. I have let go of so many things it's unreal. I guess I hung onto them for reasons to keep around "drama" and give me the drink I was wanting. I hung on to a lot of things suing them as reasons to drink. Since I have let them go, I have a new found freedom. Don't' get me wrong, life isn't perfect, nor do I have the key to solve everything. I still struggle, but I now have better coping tools. I am wiser today. I am a better version of "me". I know how to move on from disappointments and take away something positive rather than letting it drive me to anxiety, worry, and depression and a drink in my hand. I have learned to let go of that drink and because of that I am learning how to live.
Thanks y'all...You're my peeps for sure! ((Hug))!