View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Kris47

Originally Posted by VikingGF View Post
A year ago, my dad had a heart attack, and then, 3 strokes during the surgery that saved his life. He is fully recovered, and I am grateful every day. He worked hard and never, ever gave up. My mom never gave up, either. She stood by him and did everything necessary to be sure he had all the care and support he needed on his road back to his life. Today, he works, he drives, he laughs, he lives.

I was only 2 months sober when all this happened, and I was desperately needed by my mom. Only in sobriety was I able to be of any service to anyone, and I am proud to say, I was there and as strong as anyone could be. They continue to thank me to this day.

There is no bigger thanks than that of those we love, and to be able to appreciate them, and to tell them, while we are present. I am happy to be present for my parents, whom I love. I hope to be present for my friends here. I am grateful for my sober days, piling up on each other. I am grateful. I have hope. My life is good.

I thank this place for the support it gives.
And the Greatest of these is Love.

Thanks for an insightful share, Viking. May you all enjoy the life you now have.