View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 11:56 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

BF just keep in mind that drinking makes nothing better. And remember that girl from years ago? Who had the last laugh??! You have since been promoted!
As for the girls who work for you, I feel perhaps you need to work on your people management skills, Google advice or download some books, but realise that confrontation, done in a positive way can be healthy. I would speak to both girls one to one. For the one who called in a sickie, I would remind her that she is a part of a team and she let that team down by drinking on a work night. Also let her know that it makes it harder for you to believe she is genuinely ill in future.

The other girl, I would just ask her exactly how she believed I told her about the wage issue, as I remember no such conversation and want it clarified. She would struggle to lie to your face and it would let her know that she cannot get away with lying. Remember, you are in a position of authority now, and I feel you need to practice that. I am so proud of you for ditching the drink, it took real guts to do that.

Amp, it is a huge thing. My early signature was "how can we expect others to love us when we don't love ourselves" I also think it is a great exercise to practise positivity for a day; every time you find yourself thinking or saying anything negative about anyone or anything, stop. It can be surprising how easily we can fall into negativity.

Key I too have a SIL who caused me grief. Fortunately for me hubby already kept his distance as he knew her for what she was. ( I gave her the benefit of the doubt). Now when we need to meet, I slap a shallow smile on, keep things superficial and walk away. We used to make excuses not to get together with her, now she has got the message.
Remember that their behaviour reflects there issues. I feel that this instance it perhaps impinges on your own feelings of guilt over your past behaviour. I feel you need to fully forgive yourself - as hubby has, and allow yourself to move forward. The freer you are of guilt the less the 'ugly sisters' can affect you.

Drake thank you so much for the update about Kevin, I am so happy he is doing well.

Keep on Keeping on Undies.