View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Mark1014

Great to see you back V.

We have a relative from Dallas headed over Friday to spend a few days. That's nothing unusual. The twist this time is that she is going to be meeting a college buddy of mine (he lost his wife tragically three years ago this month). I know my friend is a little anxious about this, but I told him I'd support him every step of the way. This is a classic situation that really bugs me about feeling 'weak' or 'different' by not being able relax over dinner and wine because I feel that all involved (except me) would have more fun that way. It's male pride I guess (yes I am that shallow at times). I don't necessarily frame this as me wanting to drink, more of navigating through the evening without the social crutch that I can't use but that the others would likely enjoy in a situation like this. I like to make things perfect for people if I can. Anyway, I'm not sure why I felt the need to post about it....just feeling like my 'problem' is on display in this situation and I'm surprisingly agitated. So just putting it out there to my support team for accountability!