Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

I'm feeling a lot better today so my cold may be a thing of the past and, to nobody's surprise, my breathing is relatively okay. All that's good. I've still not decided about running the marathon on Saturday, but as the day gets closer I'm leaning more to the side of reason, cancelling, and hopefully get myself in shape to run another one in the future. The distance is so damn taxing that I'm concerned with having my compromised respiratory system take another hit as we head into the cold weather part of the year.

I recognize that it's odd writing about this on a site dedicated to helping people recover from alcoholism and substance abuse, but I justify it with the reasoning that my having a focus on such activities helps me keep a proper perspective and not drink. Furthermore, it's my journal and I'm not writing anything contrary to any SR rules and nobody is forced to read what's written. Hmmm, I think that may come across harsher than I intended, which was to not be harsh at all. Please interpret as I intended.

My sober plan for tonight is to have dinner with my wife, walk the puppy, and get a good night's sleep. I'd like to watch some of the Democratic debate, and likely will, but I'm sure I won't watch it all. It's early in the race and me getting healthy is more important.