View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
BlueFairy

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Doesn't it feel great Key? Well done sweetie, proud of you.

Dizzy, I needed to get to the gruesome reality with hubby when I first quit so he would understand my problem was genuine and not just a case of ' well just don't drink during the week then'. That said I told him something this weekend he hadn't realised ( that I always had a secret bottle on the go in addition to the one we shared so I would drink a bottle and a half to his half ) a while later he hugged me and told me how well I was doing. It's easy for a Normie to forget how tough our journey is, and that it is ongoing. I don't feel the same cravings I did during my first year, or face the same hurdles, but I still need to maintain my vigilance and I do get the occasional 'twinge'

Have a good sober week Undies.
Yeah my husband just doesn't get the enormity of it.

This week I found an AA group that meets right up the street from me that I think I'll try, even as a die hard atheist. I've heard so much from the sober recovery forums how many people are not really religiously affiliated but go and I figure- what do I have to lose. That's Thursday night. I've also been afraid to attend because I've heard alot of bad about it with success rates and such but I figure at this point I'm not having any cravings or urges to drink anyway so I don't think attending will hurt me anyway and it's real people face to face. It's not been an issue for me with cravings but as far as getting on with my life-I'm getting nowhere I'm my own. I also made an appointment for tomorrow for an anxiety therapy group. it's for people with anxiety, depression and or ocd. I've had bad depression in the past, and my anxiety is Bad right now and I have an OCD husband so--might help me lol. Work right now has improved slightly but is still bad but I'm starting to realize how stuck I am. When your husband and son rely upon you as their only insurance--you're stuck. Unless I can find another job with similar benefits. We'll see--right now I'm content to just workon myself and hope the physical stuff will improve.