Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Back from the walk with my wife and puppy. Came across some dear, wild turkeys, and smaller animals and it was enjoyable. We were in a county park that I've camped in many times, but have never brought any of my dogs to and toward the end of our hike a ranger came by to inform us that dogs were not allowed in the park. We wound up getting into a very polite and informative conversation about the park and at the end he thanked us for being so understanding about the rules. While I don't agree with the restriction, me and my wife knew that he wasn't the one who established it, it was clearly stated on signs that we did not read, he was polite and professional, and the conversation about the park from his perspective was very interesting.

So we cut our hike short and went home. We weren't out as long as I had hoped given it's such a nice day, but it was long enough to somewhat tire out the puppy and give us a nice appetite for what I'm sure will be a very nice dinner tonight.

I have another torture session with my trainer tomorrow morning and depending upon how I feel I'd like to go for a run in the afternoon. The afternoon may also see us going to my inlaws; my ABIL was supposed to get out of jail last night and while I don't have any current info on that, I know it's very upsetting to my inlaws and a calm visit by us and possibly my daughter would be good for all of us. As I've stated many times before, they don't need this crap.