View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Greenwood618

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Yes, I totally do think I should stop, and I have. I think my inner mature adult is posting these questions and comments, frankly.

I also recognized a central truth (for me) in the RR summary I read. I paraphrasing and elaborating, as I read it several days ago...
Once I knew I cannot drink normally, continuing to drink in any fashion or volume, is purely because I like the high. There is no other reason. There are a million reasons why I may do or not do a lot of things..but my only reason to drink is the buzz, the high, the release. Physiology relentlessly makes the high harder to get, and harder to recover from the attempt, oh poor me. Tough $hite.
I think you have got it. I recommend practicing the separation drill on the RR free lesson until you have it down cold. That will allow you to easily recognize the difference between the mature adult and the pleasure drive gone haywire we call the Beast.

Your capacity for critical self insight is inspiring and admirable. That you have stripped away the crap excuses and realize you drink for the high is crucial. Most people never get there. Grab yourself some ACE, you deserve it.