View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Cbf123

It's a slightly odd, overcast morning here. A quiet kind of day that doesn't really know what to do with itself - what to make of it all. I'm sure we all feel that way at times. I know I do.

I've mentioned before that I live right on the coast, and my journey to work takes me past a shoreline that's different everyday.

Today, to the east, washes of pink and peach paint the sky autumnal, the slanted rays of the cool morning sun cutting through cotton-wool clouds. Turning to face the northern horizon, the skies are colder, darker. The offshore wind farm stands at odds with the flattened tin foil sea, like the last two unacquainted people standing silently at a party. Neither willing to make the first move.

Dog walkers walk dogs, joggers jog, cyclists cycle. The sea sees all but says nothing. The sky looks on, indifferent.

And I don't want to go to work :-). I also don't want to drink either, though, so I'm grateful for that. Let's do another day, another week, another month, year and lifetime, Julyers.

Have a wonderful Saturday!