Old 10-09-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
nutmeg19

My fiancé is currently in rehab...a year-long program (he's been in for 2 1/2 months so far), and he can't have any contact of any kind at all (no phone calls, physical contact, or even letters) with anyone he's ever known.

So I have no idea what's going to happen at the end of all of this. We're in love, have a strong bond, and before he entered the rehab we talked about counseling together as a couple after he gets out of rehab, but we would also have individual counseling.

As of right now, since I am living as a single mother and this whole experience was a huge crazy shock, I'm just focusing on myself with Al-Anon meetings and I am looking for counseling as well. I definitely plan on still having couples counseling with him...some aspects of the relapse don't need to be repeated and beaten to death, but there are definitely some aspects that I feel need to be addressed for our relationship's health.

I personally think counseling together and separately would be good for you and your relationship...at least try it and see how it helps.