View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Greenwood618

Originally Posted by sixtyfour View Post
Thank you for the replies everybody!

I like what MesaMan said about essentially customizing recovery methods to suit your own needs. I love this forum/website, it has always been a very safe and encouraging place to visit so even though I made my Big Plan I still of course like/want to check in here from time to time (in my case right now that's everyday). Mostly I just read other people's stuff. So far I've been very cognisant of those "Beastly" thoughts popping up in my mind as images/feelings/doubts etc. I feel like I have a better sense of what that means now than I did when I was younger. That beast has its own propaganda machine going on in my head and I notice it more now and I am better able to disassociate from it and recognize it as the BS that it is!
Sixtyfour, what are your plans for the future use of alcohol? That is the only question.

All this quibbling about AVRT is easily recognized Beast behavior to most of us. Congruency, etc. Give me a break.

Word games, scientific inquiry, the science of logic - meaningless when it comes to stopping chronic drunkeness. It is all just your AV creating drama under the guise of pseudo-intellectual crap so it can persuade you to drink again.

And your evaluation of how people apply AVRT is flawed. You have a small sample size. Make no mistake, EVERYONE who quits drinking long term does it without "support" and by using AVRT. The hundreds of millions of self recovered just don't call it that because it stems from their personal resources and determination. But it is the same thing.

So: what is your plan for the future use of alcohol?