View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
SereneEdition

So happy your back fantail! Sounds like you've found an amazing group too. So happy that things are coming together.

Wehav - Your stream of conscious is poetic! Thank you for sharing. When I was actively drinking, I knew that I did it to cope with my unmanageable stress. Stress that I put on myself, of course! It took me a good while to realize that what was underneath my drinking was that I didn't love or accept myself - hence all the 'achievement.' 30 years of mindset is hard to change overnight! I still like to achieve, but it isn't my armor anymore.

V & Dee - I'm officially in your backyard now: Indonesia!!! It's my first time here - now in Java and we plan to make our way east.

In other news - no joke, but my laptop spontaneously caught on fire during the flight from Istanbul to Jakarta! Thank goodness I've fried a few boards before in the lab so I knew exactly what was happening and removed the power source right away and caught it before it really got going. I couldn't tell anyone that there was a fire b/c I didn't want to start a panic on a plane. What timing though! Anyway, it's off to the repair shop so I'm doing a digital detox for 10+ days.

Hugs!!!