View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
amp123

I just noticed something curious. A few years ago I joined myfitnesspal.com. I needed to lose quite a lot of weight because of my life style. Obviously, with all the calories on beer and wine,I was heading into my forties and ballooning like the Michelin Man...

Anyway, I lost a lot of weight by training pretty hard. I knew I could do it quicker and better if I dropped the booze but that was just untouchable so I had to work round it.

I still have the habit of recording my weight on the site nearly every morning and today I opened up the progress chart for the year and it was really interesting. I may have mentioned that I was an every day drinker who cranked things up at the weekend? Well, the first half of the yearly chart (November 2014-April 2015)/is like a serrated edge. Every weekend I would put on between 1 and 2 kilos and then exercise like a lunatic during the week to lose it again. From April till now the graph is basically flat and progressive. I've lost a few kilos since I cut out the booze even though I don't exercise half what I used to.

Amazing how hard I used to have to battle to keep my body in line and now it just does it for itself. I was so deluded about booze! Thank goodness I've had the strength to put things right! It can't have been healthy caning my body with such mixed approaches!

Looking forward to 6 months. Feels like a REAL block of time. Half a year....