View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
MesaMan

'Congruity and consistence are hard to come by.'

Precisely what I was thinking while mucking around with some Financial Trivia now on this PC, and reflecting on this Thread.

I designed and built this Early Retirement House myself. I followed applicable Codes, of course. The rest was mainly looking hard at Guidelines on this-or-that, and then doing what I wanted. Whether it had been done before or not.

In the same vein, I really don't care about conformance to, or deviation from, RR Guidelines. This is, perhaps, why this is true:

'There just seems to be a disconnect with the hard lines of the AVRT and how people tend to practice it or express it on SR.'

I see this 'disconnect' as nothing but a good thing. Philosophic conformance means nothing to me so long as Folks are morphing Guidelines, and making Sobriety work for them. Some of us grab the Box of Crayons, and proceed to color outside the [Guide]lines. Some of us don't/can't.

'Even becoming comfortable with never drinking again is really outside the scope of recovery, if that makes sense?'

This makes perfect sense to me. After some time on here, I find that Folks either get this precept, or they don't. I use the Model of not liking the choices on the Chess Board. Thus, I upended it long ago, and tossed it on the Floor. I instead created my own, useful, new choices/options.

No more circling the Flame of Drinking again, like some Moth taunting it's own destruction. From that, no ODAAT follows. I don't need to avoid that which I simply don't want or do anymore per my BP.

It necessarily follows that my House, and my Sobriety, are successes because of me taking helpful Models [like RR], and morphing them to what works for the only Person whose Sobriety is of principal concern:

Me.