View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Originally Posted by samseb5351 View Post
Hmm perhaps Good was a poor choice of words, maybe I was a bit grumpy yesterday. What I meant is I have yet to see a congruent answer. Congruency with what the crash course actually says. Whether thats a good thing or a bad thing its hard to say as I am not a supporter of RR but I am certainly interested in Self Driven Recovery. There just seems to be a disconnect with the hard lines of the AVRT and how people tend to practice it or express it on SR.
Fair enough , as the kids say these days.
I am an RR/AVRT supporter , the perspective and the techniques showed me a way to end my addiction. Through that I made the life altering decision to become and Be a nondrinker. The idea of recovered as opposed to a life of recoverying was what I was looking for and found. I don't drink .
Everything else "becoming, being, learning how to be the best me I can" , the ways or practices of making or bringing happiness and fulfillment and a live well lived into being are going to come from a perspective that doesn't involve recovery, for me. Even becoming comfortable with never drinking again is really outside the scope of recovery, if that makes sense?
Congruity and consistence are hard to come by. Imperfection is rampant.