View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Oops! Well, it was a locker room, right? But now you need another shower!

So, I just got a call from longtime friends. Husband's best friend from childhood, and godfather to our oldest. We rarely see them, and adore them. Last minute invite to help them celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. They like to drink, but it is a work night and she said her hubby is crazy busy at work, which is why this last minute plan. She is trying to surprise him....with us! Very flattering.

We will go, but this is a bit stressful. I am annoyed with myself that I cannot just feel happy to go out to see these friends, and grateful that we are available to do so. Not only because I bet there will be great pressure to at least toast the occasion, but the menu is very decadent. I have already scoped that out, which is something I always do, to try to plan ahead for the food I have that day. I am working so hard at eating right, and exercising, and not really lost weight yet. But I do see changes in my body. Tummy looks more toned. Anyway, It will be a challenge but I do look forward to seeing them.

Just putting it out there. I will order a bottled fizzy water right off. I did mention to the friend I am "dieting." I was very out of breath because she called while I was doing my video, lol. It was natural to explain. So, I am well set up already to refrain from drinking and to eat as carefully as I can there. I am not sure I have ever spent a sober occasion with this couple. Maybe once. Well, when I was pregnant, for sure.