View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 10:23 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I'm so glad to hear from you, V. Sounds like you've had a terrible time. I hope you heal quickly! I wish I could send you some pie.

I'm glad you're feeling better Phoebe, and that you're finding the program helpful. I've obviously indulged a bit today, but I think some flexibility is important. Dinner tonight was mashed sweet potatoes and whatever you would call a sauté of green beans, mushrooms, bell peppers, shredded chicken, garlic and, oh yeah, bacon fat. It was a healthy meal until that, right? Haha! I figure a little doesn't hurt, and it adds so much flavor.

Arbor - it's true that we have good days and bad days in sobriety. It's important to remember how awful and depressed you felt when you were drinking. The high wasn't worth it when you compare it against the low. I know my attempts to correct a crappy day with alcohol ultimately just led to a crappy whole week (or month, or several months). I'm sure the lack of sleep isn't doing you any favors right now either. Some days we just gotta get through and do what we can to increase the odds that tomorrow will be better. Drinking definitely doesn't accomplish that.

And I hope you feel better too, Dee. Our group is hurting a bit. Hang in there you guys.