View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Secretdrinker

Day 22!! Twenty freakin' two!

Beautiful day here in Oz. Still tired as hell but I'm going to spend my day lazing at the beach with the kids.

The ex wants to take us away for a weekend to a holiday resort, just a mini break for the kids for the school holidays so there I was, excitedly scrolling through all the hotels we could stay in, what they had to offer etc, and it suddenly hit me....in the past when we have done this, and we used to do it a lot, the whole point of it for me would be getting those kids in bed so we adults could get drunk.

So many things I did in my life revolved around alcohol, how bloody sad. I'd be on holiday with my kids and all I'd be waiting for was bedtime so I could have my wine. (If I even lasted that long)

We are probably going sometime next week, so that is going to be my first real test. It will be like going back to day one here at home, when I didn't know what to do with myself, when I was sat there thinking 'what now'.

Will have to make sure I'm armed with all my nice food and soft drinks and colouring books and anything else I use here at home. I'm also going to have to ask him to not drink too......eek.