View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Sunday morning and I'm up and over yesterday's cravings.

I have mixed feelings though. Naturally I'm overjoyed to not have given in but I feel a little down about how pathetic I was yesterday. I feel I was like a child just selfishly wanting and then throwing a tantrum when I didn't get what I wanted.

I don't have excuses for wanting to drink yesterday. I can understand people, after some time sober beginning to doubt they have a drink problem. I've been there. Yesterday wasn't that. I know that if I drank yesterday I would have hit it hard, hit it to get drunk, been "onnit " as they say.

I seen a lot of posts on this site where people say "play the tape". Yesterday I either played the wrong tape or played the right one but didn't play it long enough.

I'm off to the gym which will drag me out of this funk.
MIdton - please don't feel bad about posting here for wanting to drink. That's one of the purposes of this forum. I understand how you feel though. There are times when I know I'm not going to drink, but I just want to post that I WANT to. We all understand that. Please feel comfortable knowing that you should post during these times.