View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
KeyofC

Forabetterlife~It makes absolute sense! Everything takes time, but I have learned the way I think about things definitely can determine the outcome as far as if I let it kill me or if I let it help me. They way I allow myself to act and react with it are huge as well..Keep on taking the time to explore your feelings as they come and figure out why you are feeling that way. What is your ownership in that situation. All we can control is ourselves. Might as well try to make everything a stepping stone to help ourselves and move on. Forgiving ourselves isn't about being right or wrong. It's not about pointing blame either. We can only control ourselves. Forgiving is about accepting your part in it, realizing you made a mistake for whatever reason (usually just cause we are addicts), and let it go so you can move forward. Everyone kept telling me things would fall into place once I learned to step back and let myself feel things and think about them. They were so right. Good for you! (Wish they had a high five emoticon! I love emoticons..lol)